Our Business Law Services
Business Formation and Business Consulting
Starting a business is something many individuals work toward their whole lives. With so much at stake, a new business owner should seek the services of a lawyer who understands the intricacies of business law. Our law firm provides services that take into account all aspects of the initial formation, but specifics of your daily operations as well. As skilled business attorneys, we can guide companies through marketplace obstacles. From start-up ventures to established businesses, we help clients with the following matters:
- Proper entity selection can protect assets and provide businesses with the necessary tools to grow. We advise clients on the selection of the most appropriate business entity, including: Sole proprietorships, Partnerships, S Corporations, C Corporations, Limited liability corporations (LLCs) or Limited liability partnerships (LLPs)
- The possibility of re-organization and / or restructuring to better meet changing goals.
- Assistance with commercial transactions, such as:
- Buy-sell agreements
- Acquisitions and mergers
- By-laws, employee contracts and other contract drafting
- Compliance with state, federal and local laws and regulations
Business Law / Corporate Law Disputes
We represents businesses, investment property owners and contractors in business dispute resolution and commercial litigation. We also assist businesses involved in employee liability claims and contract dispute claims. We are skilled negotiators and litigators who will aggressively work toward the successful resolution of a legal dispute.
Business Dispute Resolution
Any business — large or small — can run into significant legal disputes. No matter what is at issue —a contract issue, a partnership dispute, or allegations of fraud — competent legal representation can make all the difference.
At Donais Law Offices, PLLC, we represent businesses involved in all types of disputes. By offering a variety of dispute resolution options, our clients can look beyond the immediate problem and focus on running their business.
Types of Cases
At Donais Law Offices, PLLC, we represent clients in a variety of business disputes, including:
- Partnership disputes
- Breach of contract, contract performance, payment issues
- Other contract issues
- Employee liability claims
- Licensing disputes
- Insurance coverage issues
- Employee claims upon separation from employment
Business Dispute Resolution: Non-Litigation
Many business owners prefer to settle their disputes outside of court. Besides saving time and money, alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods, such as mediation and arbitration, allow business owners to concentrate on their day-to-day operations.
- Mediation — As a New Hampshire Court Mediator who understands the benefits of the process, our law firm occasionally suggests mediation as a form of dispute resolution. Mediation involves working with a neutral third-party (mediator) to settle disputes.
- Arbitration — In arbitration, disputing parties have the opportunity to present their arguments before an arbitrator, who acts as a judge and decides the case, typically in a more expedited and efficient manner than litigation.
Business Dispute Resolution: Litigation
Sometimes, despite the best efforts of both sides, a business dispute simply cannot be resolved outside of court. In cases where litigation proves necessary, working with an experienced, aggressive lawyer can make all the difference.
Our firm represents business owners and corporations from the beginning of litigation up through appeals. As experienced negotiators and litigators, we will work aggressively toward a successful resolution of your pressing legal issue.